Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Stuff

Over the weekend, I managed to get snag TWO of the $10 Target gift cards I previously posted about. I guess it helps that Target is less than five minutes away. And I use the term "helps" loosely.

Yesterday, I spent the day baking with my friend, Amanda. Please excuse the poor cell phone pics, and take a look at what we made:

1. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


We actually made two loaves of this. Amanda took half of this loaf home with her. I have no idea why she didn't want the whole loaf, because it is amazing!

2. Peppermint Bark (while really just following this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark)


This one is delicious, but would probably have been prettier done on white chocolate instead. And if you follow the link above for the peppermint bark, you'll see a variation using green mint chips. We looked for those when shopping for our ingredients because I loved how festive the green was, but sadly, we couldn't find any.

3. Cookie Dough Bites


Not a very pretty picture there, but I had to text pictures of everything we made to my mom. These are simply balls of cookie dough, but they are made without eggs, so they are safe for eating. And they are yummy!

4. Chocolate Chip Turtle Cookies

We have no pics of these because they turned out terribly! And we have no idea why! Into the trash they went.

5. Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows - seen here


These were soooo easy to do (and also delicious), and they were a perfect way to use up the rest of the marshmallows I had after making these melted snowman cookies last weekend:


The hubs helped decorate these little guys and gals. They were so much fun to make, and reeeeeally yummy, but I don't think they turned out half as cute as the ones I found online!

Most of the recipes we used (and more!) can be found through my Pinterest board here. Oh how I love that website! And I suppose my coworkers will be enjoying some goodies this week.

After we finished baking, Amanda went with me to Target to buy stocking stuffers for Jake. That's how I was able to get my 2nd gift card.

That's about it for me. Today was the usual... laundry, groceries, etc.

What did you do this weekend? Any baking? Any Target shopping?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...